Search This Blog

March 21, 2012

Correct-O-Meter

“Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.”
-Philippians 1:11

Hello followers of Christ,

Going along with this verse in Philippians (I like Philippians, if you haven't noticed),
I have a question we can ask ourselves:
Am I filled with the fruits of righteousness?

If we as children of God, are modeling after Jesus Christ,
then as this verse says, we should be filled with the fruits of righteousness.

Sometimes Christians even happen not look at Jesus,
and the result is literally a disaster.
If I don't pray and ask God to be filled with the fruits of righteousness,
And discipline myself to read from, and meditate on His Word,
then I am automatically filled with the fruits of Landon Thompson.
And that's a disaster!

Have you ever heard any of these phrases before?

He started it!”
“It's mostly his fault.”
I barely did anything wrong.”
Well, she did it too.”

We tend to justify ourselves, based on the sins of other people.
Ray Comfort says this “You have to face God on judgment day.”
That made it a lot more personal when I realized I have to face God on judgment day.

Something that I just realized is this:

It's very easy to look good, when you don't look at God.


Another tendency is to even set our goodness bar, to the level of our parents.
It's like we have a little Correct-O-Meter
And however big or small our parents is,
ours is usually a little bit lower.

Whether we realize it or not, the natural tendency of humans is this:

When our parents, or people we look up to, commit a sin,
set a bad example,
or do something that's not completely as Christlike as possible,
We feel as if it's our right
to do those exact same things.

Examples...
Your mom forgets to do the dishes.
You say: “I don't need to do my chores!”

Your dad forgets to clean out his garbage from the car.
You say: “I don't need to pick up my shoes from the foyer!

Your Pastor eats 15 sweet rolls after church.
You say: “Well if he eats 15, I can eat at least 15!”

Now, don't get me wrong... I'm not saying don't honor your parents...
This is the first command from God with a promise ( long life on earth)
Here's what I'm saying:
Honor them, learn from them, love them,
But they should also want you to become more like Jesus
than you become like them.
So that's the goal.


Lesson God Taught Me:
No matter how good someone else is
He or she doing something wrong
Doesn't make you, doing that same wrong, right.
Set your standard to God's standard.

It starts right where I am.
Right where you are.
Whether at home or work
or school or church...
Whether your struggle is
honoring your parents,
having diligence for the mundane tasks,
or fear of sharing the gospel,
we gotta give it all to God.
Then pray to God without ceasing.
And obey God without ceasing.

So let's not be average, kinda-sorta-maybe, or just luke-warm.
Let's go the second mile for Jesus, and not just be the norm ,
Let's make an eternal impact, fighting for the truth of the Lord,
Let's show our family, friends and world, that through Christ we are not the same as before.

As always,
Love God first,
Love people second. 
<3 =D

 
Thanks for reading, God bless you all this week!
Landon

 Make 100 = Jesus!


2 comments: